20.1.11

This Blog

I want to get this out there for anyone who reads this blog: I am not looking for readers/followers, at least not in the traditional sense.

To me this blog is a place for to write down the ideas and questions that for some reason I feel that by writing about I can better understand.  I have always felt a personal need to examine the deeper questions of life, politics, faith, and culture. Sometimes an idea just hits me so hard that I have to write it down. When I was younger I used notebooks, sometimes I still do.

However, no man is an island and, in my opinion, the process of personal growth requires not only introspection but active dialogue with people with more extensive or different life experiences. I believe that through those interactions, through others' eyes, we can come to better know ourselves. I see this as a small reflection, as through a mirror darkly, of the way in which only when we finally come to "know" God will we truly know who we are. He created us and he knows us in ways we can't even comprehend in this life.

Yet God "saw that it was not good for us to be alone." He made us as social animals and as individuals with distinct personality and strengths. To quote the Koran, "[God] created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another."

So I keep this blog open to the public and occasional message or post links to specific posts only so that I can provide the people whose opinions and beliefs I genuinely care about some insight into my thoughts on that post's subject. 


Of course, not every post here is deep. Sometimes I post lists or just music, for the same reason (althought without the deeper importance) of my more cerebral entries.

No comments: