13.4.09

Lately

So I decided to listen to my own advice and drop facebook for awhile. I'm shooting for no facebook until mid-august. 

Why?

Why not?

Facebook just isn't the same these days, maybe it's the transition out of college, maybe it's the new "twitteresque" format (i f****n hate twitter).  Or maybe I'm just tired of the bizarre voyeuresque, me me me, digustingly self-deluded arrogance of web 2.0. 

I could write a book about how disgusted I am with the whole thing, but I won't. Why? Because this blog is just one more facebookish thing. Who am I? Who would want to read what I'm thinking about? 

Blahh blahhh blahh torts. 

1 comment:

Jessica Walker said...

I agree - I'm fed up Facebook as well and rarely get on. I think Twitter serves as a great marketing tool, but I definitely don't enjoy reading the typical "I just woke up!" or "Drinking coffee!" messages people seem to constantly send out... Everyone wants to feel like a celebrity, and social media is a pretty good way to feel as if you have achieved that status. :) Good thoughts, Austin.